[We are] not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (Romans 1:16)

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Revelation 22:17

by David Wyatt

This verse has always been a favorite, but I believe it may have just become my new "life verse!" Listen once again to the glory of this wondrous truth: "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." How hard can this be? Rose I believe this goes along with your previous post about Spurgeon's sermon concerning the simplicity of faith. No one has to teach even a tiny baby to drink water! Just let the little one be thirsty, & put the water to his mouth, & the deed is done! Thirst is quenched! I'm glad the Lord made His salvation that easy for dummies like me. No treatises necessary regarding the definition of faith, or believe. Even less, to "take." I like that: take the water of life freely! There's more I could say, but I'll leave it at that! I just had to post this to remind us of the glory of God's wonderful salvation & its utter simplicity! If you want it, take it! It's that simple. Shame on us for making something so charmingly simple into something so difficult & unclear.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home