[We are] not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (Romans 1:16)

Friday, July 20, 2007

I Am Humbled!

by David Wyatt

Thank you bro. Antonio for that much more gracious than deserved introduction! I appreciate all you free grace brothers & sisters (both of you!). I will be posting something with more substance hopefully soon. I will begin by asking as many of you as would like to post a short, concise account of your salvation testimony as would feel comfortable doing so. I will do so myself to prove that it is painless! So, for my introductory post, I will just say, God Bless you all, & thanks again bro. Antonio, for the invitation to post!

4 Comments:

  • Boy you can certainly see I am an amateur to this blogdom stuff! OK, as promised, a short account of my salvation testimony. I grew up in a home where I was taken to church far before I ever wanted to be! Yet it meant basically nothing to me. At 12, I "joined the church" (SBC) mainly because I wanted to take the communion elemnets along with some of my friends! But at 16 I bought my 1st car, a 1965 Impala SS! It quickly became my idol. Not long afterward, though, my "idol" got a dent from a fender-bender that was not my fault. I got a huge empty feeling of, "Is this all there is to life?" Not long afterward, from somewhere in the recesses of my mind part of what I later came to realize was part of Mt. 7:23 crossed my mind. "Depart from Me..." I realized that would be what I heard from Jesus one day & I just simply froze with fear. I got on my knees & cried out to the Lord, but still did not understand the truth of salvation. Later I talked with my Dad, one of the greatest believers I have ever known, & he shared the truth of Christ to me. I don't know exactly when I believed in Him alone for eternal life, but the Lord used that ol' Impala to show me my need of Him, & I believe in Him today with all my heart! OK, let's hear from some of you!

    By Blogger David Wyatt, at Friday, July 20, 2007 6:50:00 PM  

  • It is good to have you with us.

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at Saturday, July 21, 2007 1:58:00 AM  

  • Welcome, David! I think I can see already that you are going to add some life to this blog. I am blessed that you are here.

    I posted my testimony on my blog (as I know you know ;~), but I will put a little bit of it here, too, if I see that Matthew and Antonio are following your request (I hope they will).

    By Blogger Rose~, at Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:42:00 AM  

  • Thanks bro. Matthew! It's nice to be had. Or, uh, I mean it's nice to be here!

    Rose, you are always so kind & I appreciate that. I certaionly have read your testimony & glory in it. I so hope the others will follow along as well. Y'all are a blessing & God Bless.

    By Blogger David Wyatt, at Saturday, July 21, 2007 3:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home