[We are] not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (Romans 1:16)

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Phewww... Debate Finished

by HK Flynn

Frank is far better at driving home his points but I'm afraid I'll claim a victory in this case only because I had so much more evidence from the text of James. I just posted (on my blog) 8 reasons to support the verse 1:19-based-structure Hodges presents in his commentary that I think is so helpful. Be sure to email me if you want a copy of the text of James sans chapter and verse markings but grouped in this particular structure.
.
Tomorrow I'll post 8 reasons that the context of "...which is able to save your souls" (1:21) passage actually supports a "save your lives" rather than "save your souls" reading. These eight reasons aren't even including the argument that Antonio makes in his post showing the evidence that "saving your life" was used as an expression in Bible times.
.
Also I think Rose beats out Frank's wife any day. (see their blogs)

5 Comments:

  • Jodie,

    We are so proud of you! Great job.

    But the way it went with Frank and his ploys, well, this is the reason I wouldn't want to get on that debate blog.

    Antonio

    By Blogger Antonio, at Thursday, December 14, 2006 2:34:00 PM  

  • I didn't even know Frank's wife had a blog. I can't wait to check this one out!

    By Blogger Jonathan Moorhead, at Thursday, December 14, 2006 4:08:00 PM  

  • Agreed Antonio. I suppose it's not easy to do the moderator/participant/bookseller-during-Christmas-Season thing. I'm glad I'm just a homeschooling Mom-Free Grace advocate.


    he he he Jonathan. Either I'm pulling your leg or your pulling mine...

    By Blogger Unknown, at Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:07:00 PM  

  • It is good that some homeschooling mothers are Free Grace. The Calvinists seem to domminate that scene, or at least it seems that way to me.

    I thought you did an excellent job in the debate, Jodie. Well done!

    God Bless

    Matthew

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at Friday, December 15, 2006 12:54:00 AM  

  • Thanks Matthew :)

    About homeschooling families, I agree completely. I thnk unfortumately it is not just a committed culture but too insular. In the US there is a new book that treats Lincoln like a bad guy who has been protected by historians. And homeschoolers are very open to it. They are reappraising the Civil War with a critical eye toward the North.

    To me this is very sad.

    God bless.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Sunday, December 17, 2006 7:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home