[We are] not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (Romans 1:16)

Monday, February 20, 2006

WHY I DO WHAT I DO...

by Nate
What’s the reason I do what I do? God’s grace!

I want to give up my life for His sake and the gospel’s sake! Not because He forces me to, not because I’m scared of hell, but because when I think about the grace I’ve been shown, when I study the Scriptures and come face to face with the realities that are true of me only because of His work in me, I want to live out my union with Him through His Spirit!

The fact that we are “justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus” (Rom 3:24) gets me excited! The truth from Ephesians 2:8-9 that: “by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.” This makes me want to “get my praise on!”

The truth that God has done all the work, that He shed His blood for me, that He gives so freely, is absolutely amazing! To sit back and meditate on the grace brought to us by Jesus Christ is breath taking; to ponder the promises of Scripture is exhilarating!!

I want these truths, these promises, and this grace to motivate me to live a life of response. To respond to God by surrendering all of me to the One who gave His life for me!

One reason I decided to join up with these other believers on this joint-blog is that they truly are unashamed of grace. We all have a passion for proclaiming God’s wonderful grace brought to us by Jesus Christ!!!

GRACE IS AMAZING

PEACE,

NATE

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home